Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back in Mother Zambia

It’s 8 AM on an October morning and I’m already sweating profusely. That could only mean one thing: I’m officially back in Zambia. My plane touched down in Lusaka late last night and after a few months of blog inactivity I’m back and ready to write. I’ll be in the city today running errands and will catch a bus down to Siavonga tomorrow.

I had a good couple of months back in the States. In fact, life couldn’t have been much better. I got to travel around a lot visiting churches and friends. I saw some good friends get married and some get engaged. I honky-tonked in Nashville and whitewater rafted in Charlotte. I was in Cleveland when Lebron broke the city’s heart and in Las Vegas when one of my best friends sacrificed his dignity by piercing his belly-button for the entertainment of our group. I’ll have some good memories.

Now it’s time to get back to work.

For the next few months I’ll be back at the Namumu Orphanage Centre, supervising the income-generating activities and spending my hours in the front office, down at the harbor on Lake Kariba and in the carpentry and welding workshop. I’m excited to get back to work and I’m excited to get back to my kids.

And while I can’t promise I’ll be putting out blog material with Lil Wayne-like intensity as I once so valiantly attempted, I’ll do my best to post as often as possible. I hope it’s interesting and that it helps you learn some more about day-to-day life in southern Africa.

I’ll get back to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait for the installments. Glad you made it back safe and sound.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete