Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome

Welcome, one and all, to my blog. Make yourselves at home.

In a few short days I will be off, on my way to my new job at the Namumu Orphanage Centre in Siavonga, Zambia, a small town in sub-Saharan Africa. Here, on this blog, you will find my stories, thoughts, ideas, and incoherent ramblings on everything I see and hear along the way. 

Will what you read here change your life? Probably not. I only hope that, from time to time, in between your obsessive e-mail checking and stalker-esque facebook picture perusing, you might stop in to hear an update.

Wait. What's that you say? You can't even wait a whole week for me to get started? You want to hear about Namumu right now? Well, my friend, you're in luck. Seeing as how I have already spent a few weeks at Namumu and have a story or two to tell, I will be posting every day this week to start things off. Think of it as a warm-up.

In short, I think it will be worth your time to experience this trip with me. Namumu is a wonderful place. Everyone there has a story to tell. I am going to tell you their stories and mine. I hope you will listen.

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam - this is a great idea. Thank you for doing this. We will share with others. We all want to "stay tuned". I will make sure Marc knows about this when he comes out of NTC in couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, how are you promoting this blog? Is it ok if I send it to people I think would be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your posts so far have been so very interesting....I look forward to reading whatever comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sam your blog is interesting.I love to read it.

    ReplyDelete